Our bodies are incredibly adept at recovering when we experience sprains, strains and all kinds of other injuries. While recovery might take longer depending on the extent of the damage, you should be able to regain your mobility and pain should subside over time as you heal from an injury.
In some cases, however, pain might not go away as it should, and it might even arise with no clear cause and persist over time. In these cases of prolonged or chronic pain, you may feel like you simply have to learn to live with it. Thankfully, there are methods of pain management and treatment that can make a big difference, including orthopedic surgery. So, how do you know whether you should see an orthopedic surgeon in Las Vegas, NV about your pain? There are several indications that you can take into consideration when deciding whether to see a surgeon:
- You experience pain on a daily basis: If you struggle with your pain on a daily basis and it makes it difficult to perform everyday tasks, you should seek an orthopedist for help. Although some discomfort is to be expected as you age, pain that inhibits normal tasks like walking up stairs or walking around your home or office is cause for concern and should be checked out.
- You have a limited range of motion: Joint diseases like arthritis can cause symptoms that include tightness and limited mobility in your joints. These kinds of conditions tend to get worse if left untreated, so you shouldn’t hesitate to seek a professional for help.
- Your pain is ongoing: Pain that lasts more than about three months is considered chronic pain, and you should begin working with a medical professional to address the issue.
- Mobility is a challenge: While sitting, standing, walking and moving around are often things that we take for granted, they can pose a challenge for people who struggle with ongoing pain. If you feel off balance when moving around, or you struggle because of pain, orthopedic surgery could help you.
- You have had an injury without regular signs of recovery: Once you have had an injury that doesn’t show any signs of recovery after the first 48 hours, it is important to follow up with an orthopedist as soon as possible to find out what’s going on.
If you’ve been experiencing chronic joint pain that has been limiting your ability to perform regular tasks or get around like you’re used to, it’s probably time to see an orthopedic surgeon in Las Vegas, NV. Having orthopedic surgery can provide you with relief from the pain that has been holding you back. When you’re ready to consult an orthopedic surgeon, call Bernard Ong, M.D. for a consultation. Dr. Ong is the premier orthopedic surgeon in Las Vegas, NV, and for years he has been helping people with chronic pain and injuries find relief through therapeutic and surgical methods. If you would like to schedule an appointment, give our office a call today.
Categorized in: Orthopedic Surgeon
This post was written by Writer