If you suffer from chronic knee pain and are unable to do the activities you used to do, it may be time to consider total knee replacement surgery. While some people can manage their knee pain with medication, physical therapy and other non-surgical treatments, sometimes surgery may be necessary.
Knee surgery, like any surgery, can be a scary thing. However, you may be surprised to know that nearly 700,000 total knee replacement surgeries are performed across the U.S. each year and nine out of 10 of those surgeries result in improved knee function and reduced pain. If you are currently experiencing chronic knee pain, don’t wait until the pain is unbearable to do something about it. Below are a few early warning signs that it may be time to talk to your doctor about total knee replacement in Las Vegas, NV:
- A loss of mobility: You can no longer enjoy the activities you used to and you notice that your knee no longer has the same range of motion.
- Persistent or recurring pain: Knee pain that is not injury-related that lasts for long periods of time or keeps coming back.
- Loss of sleep due to knee pain: Your knee pain is so severe that it is causing you to wake up in the night or preventing you from falling asleep.
- Knee stiffens up: Your knee becomes stiff after sitting for longer periods of time, such as during a movie or while driving.
- Pain with exercise: Your knee aches either during or after exercise.
- Stiffness and swelling: Your knees feel stiff or show visible signs of swelling.
- Difficulty standing up: You experience pain and have difficulty getting up from out of a car, chair or bathtub.
- A grating sensation: You feel a grating or grinding when flexing your knee.
- Pain increases due to weather: You experience pain in your knee during rainy or damp weather.
- Climbing is difficult: You have difficulty climbing stairs or lifting your leg over ledges or obstacles, such as the bathtub.
- Morning stiffness: You experience pain and stiffness when first getting up that lasts less than 30 minutes.
- Other treatment no longer helps: Medication, physical therapy and using a cane no longer help to alleviate your symptoms.
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, don’t wait to talk to a specialist about knee replacement. At Bernard Ong, M.D., we have extensive experience in the field of orthopedics and total knee replacement in Las Vegas, NV. While total knee replacement is not always the answer to your knee problems, when knee replacement is necessary, you want to make sure that you are in good hands. Dr. Ong is a sole practitioner, so you know that when you come to us you are getting personal, premium quality care. You don’t have to accept the knee pain you are living with. To learn more about total knee replacement in Las Vegas, NV and how we can help you live a better, pain-free life, contact Bernard Ong, M.D. today!
Categorized in: Total Knee Replacement
This post was written by Writer