Over 100 million Americans suffer from chronic pain, and knee pain is the second most common cause of chronic pain in the U.S., yet only a small percentage of these individuals seek medical assistance to manage and treat the cause of their knee pain. While some knee pain is temporary and may not require medical treatment, the majority of individuals can reduce their knee pain and improve their quality of life through physical therapy, medication, surgery and other forms of treatment.
If you are seeking help for your knee pain, you’ve already taken the first step in the right direction. Now the next thing to do is find the right knee specialist. It’s critical to the success of your treatment and your peace of mind that you find a knee specialist that you feel comfortable working with. To help you get started, here are a few tips for finding the right knee specialist in Las Vegas, NV for you:
- Ask for referrals: The best place to start your search is with your primary care physician. Talk to your doctor about the pain you are experiencing and ask if there are any knee specialists he or she would recommend. Don’t be afraid to ask questions and probe your doctor to determine why they would recommend a specific individual.
- Talk to your friends and family: Chances are, someone among your acquaintances has gone to a knee specialist in the past. Talk to your friends and family to see whom they would recommend and what their experience was like.
- Check the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery: The American Board of Orthopedic Surgery establishes professional standards for orthopedic specialists. Board-certified knee specialists have already been evaluated and their qualifications and competence established by the board.
- Do online research: While online reviews should not be the sole source for your decision, they can be helpful in your search. Several websites offer reviews and ratings on local physicians and specialists. You should look for information about the quality of care, personalized attention, experience and the quality of the medical facilities.
- Check with your insurance: Once you’ve narrowed down your choices, be sure to check with your insurance company to ensure that the knee specialists you are considering are covered by your insurance.
- Keep it personal: Remember that choosing a knee specialist is also a personal decision. Even the most qualified knee specialist in Las Vegas, NV may not be the right fit for you if you don’t feel comfortable with that person and feel like you can voice your questions and concerns.
A little effort and research can go a long way in choosing a quality care provider. To start your search, don’t forget to take a look at Bernard Ong, M.D., your premier knee specialist in Las Vegas, NV. We’re certain that if you ask around and read our reviews, you’ll be impressed with what you see. If you’re ready to take the next step, call Bernard Ong, M.D. to schedule your appointment today!
Categorized in: Knee Specialist
This post was written by Writer